Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lamons Family: Dining Room Makeover

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dining Room Makeover

My mom graciously agreed to taking down the wallpaper in our dining room. It wasn't that the paper was ugly, I am just a paint kinda gal. Mom loves to peal things, so this was right up her alley. In only 2 days she had all the paper down, the walls cleaned up and the mess all gone. It took some elbow grease though! She had to use a special paper tool that put little holes in the paper and then applied vinegar and water mixture to the walls. It turned out to be pretty high quality paper with some tough glue, but not tough enough for mom!

Once her work was done, it was my turn to take over with the painting. The room had a nice chair rail already in place, so I decided to carry in the brown paint from the formal living room (aka toy room) and then a blue color on top.

Here is the finished product! I think it turned out great, now I just need to find a few things for the walls. Thanks mom for all your hard work!

No comments: