Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lamons Family: Last Day of Work - yippee!!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last Day of Work - yippee!!

Knowing that I could go out at any time, I had been wrapping up or transitioning projects to my Team Leader for the past several weeks. Each Friday I would think, perhaps this is my last day of work only to be disappointed about having to put back on my same ole maternity clothes come Monday morning. Everyone at work is also surprised as I get several "You're still hear" comments every day (really makes you feel wanted). Bert (my team leader) was also frantically checking his cell phone and email for the news that I was in labor as he would be acting Department Leader during my maternity leave.

Knowing that I had the induction scheduled for Thursday, I decided to make Tuesday, April 7th my last day. I wanted to do something special with Kaleb on Wednesday before we turned his life upside down with his baby sister. It felt great to walk out of the office on the 7th knowing that things were in good hands and that I wouldn't be back until July 1st.

No comments: