Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lamons Family: Kinsley Anne Lamons Arrives!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Kinsley Anne Lamons Arrives!

We are proud to welcome Kinsley Anne Lamons to our family!! She arrived yesterday at 1:55 pm weighing in at 7 lbs. and 12 ounces and is 20.25 inches long.

She came on her own - we didn't have to wait for the induction call. My mom chalks it up to the full moon last night. What ever it was I am grateful. I woke up around 3am and noticed a few contractions, but managed to go back to sleep. I woke up again at 4:15 with a bit stronger contraction and thought I better time these. Sure enough, they were 5 mins. apart. I hoped in the shower and told Dennis to call his parents. Luckily his folks were staying at Harrahs since they thought we would have the induction on Thursday anyway. They were able to make it to the house to watch Kaleb while Dennis and I ventured off to St. Johns. I got checked in at 5:30 and sure enough it was active labor and I was 3cm dilated (perhaps the walking around the zoo did some good)! About 7:00 I got moved up to a labor suite and hooked up to all kinds of machines. Luckily I was progressing on my own so no need for potsin - yippee! I approached the "dark side" of labor around 11:00 with contractions 2 mins apart and quickly called for the epidural. It couldn't come fast enough. As soon as it was in, I cleared out the room and was able to catch a short nap. When the nurse came back in at 12:45 I was 8 cm dilated and starting to feel some pressure. Within a half of an hour I was fully dilated and ready to push. Of course I had a small army of doctors and nurses in the room - gotta love the teaching hospitals. Oh well at this point of the game all modesty is out the window. I did a few pushes with the nurses, resident doctor and random EMT guy that was observing before Dr. Herrmann came running in the room at 1:45. He literally seemed out of breath from running over from his office and got there just in time. Kinsley was born at 1:55 after just 3 small pushes with Dr. Hermmann! Immediately we all gasped at the full head of dark hair! I think Dennis finally believes me know about all the horrible heart burn I had.

She was quickly cleaned up, got her foot prints made and made into a little burrito and placed back in my arms. She truly is beautiful! Dennis got to go out and announce to my folks that she was here and quickly sent out the text message. Their first reaction was about all the dark hair!
Luckily I went into labor on my own. When they were moving me to the recovery suite the nurses said that they were just then calling the first person on the induction list for Thursday. It was 3:00pm!!! If we would've had to wait for a call, Kinsley easily could've been born on Friday.

Shortly after I got situated in the recovery room, Dennis' parents arrived with Big Brother Kaleb! He was a bit shy at first, taking in all of the equipment in the room. But quickly got a big grin on his face when he saw "his sister" and wanted to hold her immediately. He was very caring to me and Kinsley.

We are extremely excited about our little princess and can't wait for all the wonderful memories ahead with our family!




1 comment:

Aimee said...

It's been awhile since I checked your site... and I'm so glad to have gotten the full birth story (getting it from Jay didn't work so well)! Yeay! We just saw you and Kinsley (and the rest of the family) last week, she is so sweet and beautiful!