Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lamons Family: Kaleb's headed to preschool

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kaleb's headed to preschool

I thought it was time to get on the blogging bandwagon and what better occasion to begin with - Kaleb starting preschool. We said our tearful goodbyes last week to Ashleigh, Quinn and Genoni who so graciously took care of Kaleb the past two years. They really prepared him to do great in preschool and allowed us to feel comfortable leaving him each day in such good hands. Kaleb helped me make a batch of cupcakes to take to the boys at daycare. He loved licking the beaters!

Kaleb will be attending Lindbergh Early Childhood Education Center, 5 days a week beginning Monday, June 2nd. He will be in the Dragonfly room with 12-16 other little 2-3 year olds this summer and then just 2 year olds once the school year begins in August. His teachers are Mrs. Tracy and Ms. Marsha and a few aids. We are very excited about all the fun activities they have on the calendar for the summer - helicopter visits, ice cream trucks, animals from the zoo, Cardinal days, a water day each week and family fun nights. We are most interested in hearing about him taking a nap on a child-size cot in a room full of 2 years olds - more power to the teachers that make this happen! I am sure the first few days will tough, perhaps for Dennis and I more so than Kaleb, but I am sure he will be in good hands once again!

Stay tuned for more pictures and Lamons' Family adventures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi family,
That's so exciting about Kaleb starting preschool. It sounds like he'll have many exciting adventures there this summer. I'm glad you've hopped on the blog bandwagon, I'll add this site to our "blog roll" and favorites! Kaleb, that batter looks delicious!

The Garver Family said...

How exciting to start preschool. Such a big boy!!
Welcome to the blogging world.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! Napping in a room full of two year olds is interesting. Mostly it seemed to fall short for our two b/c it was nearly impossible :)) Best of luck!! I am sure he will love it!