Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lamons Family: March Doctor Apts

Monday, March 30, 2009

March Doctor Apts

I started my weekly doctor's appointments on 3/9. These are the not-so comfortable apts. where Dr. Joe would check to see if I was dilated and effaced "down there". At the apt. on 3/9 the baby was still head down, but nothing was happening "down there".

At the apt. on 3/16, I was excited to hear that I was already 1 cm dilated and about 60% effaced - all more than I ever was with Kaleb before my water broke! Great news - perhaps the baby will come early!! Of course this news was dampened by Dr. Joe saying he was going to be on vacation the week of March 23rd and if I went into labor I would have a different doctor. This is exactly what happened with Kaleb's deliver. Dr. Joe was on vacation and we got the 3rd string backup and moved to a different hospital! Dr. Joe said that I would probably go into labor within 10-14 days, which would be right about the time he returned from his ski vacation. Let's hope I make it that long!

Well, Dr. Joe turned out to be correct, I did make it through the week he was out of town -even though it wasn't comfortable and I was starting to feel more contractions and sleep was challenging. At my apt. on 3/30 I was still just 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Bummer, I really thought I was moving along. Dr. Joe said that we could talk induction, but I wanted to wait until at least April 1st came and went. I am not a fan of the pitson used during inductions and would prefer to go into labor on my own.

No comments: