Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lamons Family: Kaleb's 3rd Birthday!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Kaleb's 3rd Birthday!

I always struggle with ideas of how to celebrate Kaleb's birthday. You never know what Missouri weather is going to be like in late March, so planning something outside is risky. Many of the fun attractions around St. Louis do kids birthday party's, but for a small fortune. I personally wanted to outsource the event since I was 38 weeks pregnant - cleaning and cooking was not something I was excited about if we had something at our house. But I couldn't find a location that seemed fun and was reasonably priced. So this year Dennis took it upon himself to plan Kaleb's party! Dennis hired a clown - Boo the Clown - to come to our house and perform a 30 minute magic show. At first I was a bit leery of the idea as some kids (and adults) are scared of clowns, but it turned out to be perfect!

Boo drove up in costume and the kids waited anxiously at the front door while he unloaded his goodies. Boo's magic show was right on target for the age of the kids! The "audience" interaction was great and the kids were not scared! Dennis even got to wear a clown wig and nose! It was a great idea and turned out to be a perfect way to celebrate Kaleb turning 3!


Both sets of grandparents also came into town to help celebrate. My mom was a godsend - helping me with the food and preparations!



Happy 3rd Birthday Kaleb - I can't believe my little boy is growing up so fast! I hope the next year is exciting as the past 3 watching you grow and explore! We love you!

No comments: