Saturday, December 6, 2008
Oh Christmas Tree...
Having grown up with a live Christmas tree every year, it was a tradition I wanted to keep for our family. That was until this year! We went tree shopping after Kaleb's winter carnival at school on Dec. 5th. Probably not a good idea to look at trees in the dark. Dennis didn't understand why I kept asking to see a different trees - I was looking for the perfect one! I should've listened to him and went with the first tree we saw. I ended up picking a tree, while certainly tall and full, it had a curvy trunk which made it impossible to stand up straight once we got into the tree stand. The tree stand is another funny ordeal. We needed a new stand this year so I picked up a cheap $12 stand when we bought the tree. Not a good time to go cheap. The stand must've been too small for the size tree we got or the curvy trunk might have played into it, but the stand kept tipping over. So we had to put 3 bricks on the back of the stand, under the tree skirt, to keep the tree from falling over. If this wasn't enough, the stand also had a slow leak from one of the screws! What an ordeal. I think this will be the last year in the Lamons house with a real Christmas tree! But once the tree was decorated, it sure looked pretty in our living room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment